Emergency Dentist – Schaumburg, IL
Call Us When You Urgently Need Care
It can be frightening when you first realize that you have a dental emergency such as a knocked-out tooth. Fortunately, there’s no need to panic as long as you have a reliable emergency dentist in Schaumburg, IL to turn to for urgent care. Dr. Dabah offers same-day emergency dentistry appointments and will always work to help you recover as quickly as possible. Call us immediately if there’s a dental problem that’s causing you severe pain or if any of your teeth have been damaged.
Why Choose The Smile Standard for Emergency Dentistry?
- Same-Day Emergency Appointments
- Multiple In-House Tooth-Replacement Options
- Knowledgeable and Caring Dentist
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
Due to their very nature, dental emergencies tend to occur when you aren’t expecting them. It’s important to be able to stay calm and act quickly to get the care you need. At our dental office, we address dental emergencies by following these steps:
- Same-Day Appointment: When you first call, we’ll ask about your situation and give you any necessary first-aid instructions. We’ll then make arrangements to see you as soon as we can.
- Emergency Exam: After you get to our dental office, we’ll perform a full examination of your mouth and may also take X-rays if needed. Our goal is to learn as much as possible about your emergency and what is ultimately causing it.
- Review Findings: We’ll let you know what we found during our examination and go over the available treatment options. Before you have to commit to a treatment plan, we will make sure that you have an estimate of the cost and timeline.
- Get the Care You Need: Our team will perform any agreed-upon treatments to get you out of dental pain and repair your smile as quickly as possible.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies usually fall into one of two categories: those that occur due to negligence in oral hygiene and those that happen all of a sudden (often due to physical trauma). No matter what the nature of your emergency is, we’re here to help! Here are some of the most common dental emergencies that patients can experience.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
Since there are so many different kinds of dental emergencies, the type of treatment you need will vary – and that means that the cost will vary as well. Our team will take the time to make sure that you fully understand how much you can expect to pay for the services that we’re recommending. We’ll also make sure that you’re aware of what options are available for making emergency care more budget-friendly. For example, with CareCredit, you can pay in a series of monthly installments instead of all at once.
Keys to Preventing Dental Emergencies
The best kind of dental emergency is one that never happens. You can lessen your chances of needing an emergency appointment if you:
- Brush at least two times a day with an ADA-approved, fluoride-based toothpaste.
- Floss daily to clean the spaces between your teeth that a toothbrush can’t reach.
- Visit our dental office every six months so that we can perform a routine checkup and cleaning.
- Wear a mouthguard while playing sports.
- Use tools to open packages instead of using your teeth.